Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sunset Boulevard

For several evenings, we were having sunsets that turned a very pretty red so I tried to make a movie of one. This turned out to be last of the pretty sunsets. Since then the sky has been clear at sunset.

I had the camera set to do its automatic exposures. It had taken some nice sunset pictures a month earlier on our trip to New Mexico with its automatic program so I figured it would capture the beauty of this sunset. It got glimpses of some redness but it doesn't show the beauty of the scene.



This was about an hour and 18 minutes. I had it take a picture every eight seconds and play them back at 24 frames per second.

In the last four or five seconds you can see Venus in the upper left hand corner.

I'm going to have to research how to set the exposure for clouds. I'm having very little luck with them so far.

1 comment:

Poss said...

Come back to NM, you could also do some great thunderstorms.