Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Birds

Here are two videos of my bird feeders.

The first one is a wide-angle view where we can see the birds at the seed tubes, beneath them and in the distance. There are times you can see some bunny action near the fence you see at the top right.

This was shot at a frame every 1.5 seconds and played at 24 frames per second. The camera shot the pictures for an hour and 17 minutes. I need to have a checklist when I set things up. This time I had the pictures saved with too little compression so the files were bigger than I wanted. The camera was set up outside the garden room where I was reading the newspaper. I noticed the periodic noises from the camera had stopped. The memory card had filled up so the camera stopped taking pictures. It's just as well, I had taken more shots than I really needed.

Here are all the shots I took.

I would like to see have had the feeders on rigid supports rather than hanging on hooks. The swinging adds too much motion. I'd rather have the birds be the only things moving.

I enjoy seeing the birds hopping toward the feeders on the ground from the distance. And there's a dove hanging around whose feathers puff up periodically that's interesting.

I got a second memory card and zoomed the camera in on the seed tubes. I set it to take one shot every two seconds. Again, after a while I noticed that the camera quit making noises. This time it was because the battery died. Another checklist item! It took pictures for 50 minutes. This was long enough.

No comments: