Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hatari!

We went to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly the Wild Animal Park) on Saturday to make a time-lapse movie. The subject of the intended movie wasn't moving that day so we took the Africa Tram Safari instead. I've been wanting to make a movie from such a ride so that's what I did. I had been afraid that the constant clicking of the camera would become annoying to the nearby passengers but nobody seemed to notice. Or at least they didn't care.

It took me a bit longer to set up than I had hoped and we were among the last to get aboard. The tram started rolling just before I got the camera clicking.

I had the camera take a picture every two seconds. I used my fisheye lens to get as much of the scenery as possible. Because it's using the fisheye lens the scenery in the movie is much closer than it appears.

I play the movie at a rate of 15 frames per second. The 31 minute ride lasts just over a minute.

This isn't a very interesting movie. There's just not much to see.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Did I see somebody on a segway?

Chuckbert said...

Colleen, see here!