Friday, August 12, 2011

The Blob vs. Magneto

Here's another movie featuring Crazy Aaron's Strange Attractor Thinking Putty.

This time it features another toy that Peggy introduced me to: Buckyballs.

The silly putty's devouring the little magnets starts out pretty fast then got excruciatingly slow. So I took chunks of the movie and doubled, quadrupled and even octupled the rate the frames are played back. I don't have the technology (at least not that I care to employ) to have the speed increase gradually. So the action will suddenly, and very noticeably, change. That kind of lets us see better how the action progresses.

Digging the Buckyballs out of the Thinking Putty and getting all the putty off the little balls is not fun. But I have a few more ideas of how to combine the two into little movies. If anybody has more ideas, I'd like to hear them.

There's not a lot more to say about this. The intervals between the shots doesn't really matter since I changed the rate of playback a lot. So, just sit back and enjoy the show. (I hope you enjoy the show!)




No comments: