Friday, July 1, 2011

The Blob

Here's a quickie.

A long time ago I got some of Crazy Aaron's Strange Attractor Thinking Putty for a time-lapse subject. I finally got around to using it in its own movie!

It's like your old Silly Putty but blended with iron filings. It's magnetic.

My movie is in two segments. I started each segment with the shots taken each second and gradually increased the intervals to 10 seconds. The first segment shows 30 minutes. The second shows 47 minutes. I play them back at 15 frames per second. After a while the action slows even in the time-lapse video so I sped up the ends of each segment another eight times. That makes the action of the final bits of the segments 1200 times faster than real time. Whew!



I've got more magnets. I think you'll be seeing more of Crazy Aaron.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I found it strangely attractive!

Shoe said...

Cool! I clicked on another person's time-lapse of the stuff and it was LAME! You do good work!