Friday, July 15, 2011

The Andy Griffith Show

I love peanut butter. From the beginning of my time in junior high school until I graduated from high school six years later I brown bagged it nearly every day. And almost every day I took a peanut butter sandwich. I still take peanut butter and a bagel for lunch these days.

A few years ago I showed how I make peanut butter with our Blendtec Blender on What's Up, Chuck?. I showed pictures of the peanuts in their shells, the shelled peanuts and a YouTube video of the peanuts being ground in the blender.

I made a batch of peanut butter tonight. I made about half as much as I showed in my earlier movie. But this time I made a time-lapse movie of the whole process. I shell the peanuts, grind them and scrape the peanut butter out of the blender into a jar. All in 33 seconds.

I shot the shelling segment one frame every three seconds. When I finished shelling the peanuts I changed the interval to one shot each second. The movie is played back at 30 frames per second.

Peanut smoke! Don't breathe this!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Almond butter is good too; and you can get big jars at Costco.
Do you still melt peanut butter into Minute Rice?

Chuckbert said...

If we have rice left over and nothing left to put on it and I'm still hungry, yes, I might eat more rice with peanut butter on it. Yum! But never Minute Rice! Ick!