Saturday, September 11, 2010

Flower Drum Song

I tried my hand at making a movie of a flower opening. I recorded a Naked Lady opening. Well, it had gotten well under way by the time I got the camera rolling but we get to see some of the action.

I set up the camera to take a picture every 15 seconds. That was much more frequently than was needed. I ended up leaving four out of five shots on the cutting room floor.

Here are almost seven and a half hours of a flower opening in just 15 seconds.

I like the beginning where there were clouds. The light was more uniform. But when the sun comes out the shadows moving are fun. Then near the end the wind picks up and the flower wobbles. That's nature for you.

I wish I had gotten this started while the flower hadn't already been open so much.

2 comments:

Shoe said...

LOVE how it follows the sun!

Colleen said...

That was boss!