Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bob the Builder, Part 2: The Musical!

Coming soon to a browser in front of you: Yet another Ikea project.

This time I assemble a bookshelf with a set of drawers and doors in some of the cubbies.

I should have shot this at a frame every other second and played it back at my usual 24 frames per second. Instead, I set the camera to take a picture every second. That took just too long to play back at my usual rate. So here it is at 50 frames per second. I could have saved 3,600 uses of the shutter. Live and learn (maybe). You get to see the two hours and four minutes it took to build the shelf in only two minutes and 26 seconds.

Colleen suggested that music could enhance these construction events. Of course it will.

Only you have to provide the music. Here are the words:

The most beautiful store I ever shopped:
Ikea, Ikea, Ikea, Ikea …
All the beautiful rooms of the world in a single stop …
Ikea, Ikea, Ikea, Ikea …
Ikea!
I've just found a store named Ikea,
And suddenly the gloom
Has exited the room
For good!
Ikea!
Say it loud and there's music playing,
Say it soft and it's almost like praying.


Ikea,
I'll never stop shopping Ikea!


The most beautiful store I ever shopped.
Ikea.

Now, sing!


(So, I'm not Stephen Sondheim!)

1 comment:

P-Doobie said...

Awesome! And the finished product looks great.