Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Born on the Fourth of July

Here's a view of the July 4, 2012, fireworks in Escondido. It's more a slide show than a time-lapse movie.

The show was at Escondido's Grape Day Park. We sat on the curb across the street from the park. We had no idea where the fireworks would show up. We chose pretty much the worst seat in the house and much of the show was behind a tree. Oh, well, maybe next time we'll know where to sit. Somehow, I think that there aren't many unobstructed views of the show in the park. I didn't know how close we'd be so I used my fisheye lens. That was another bad choice. Next time...

I took six-second exposures and set the intervalometer to take a picture every 6.7 seconds. It seems like the camera's 6-second exposure lasts around 6.5 seconds. The ISO setting was 200 and the lens was open to f/8. I play the pictures at a rate of 2 frames per second.

For what it's worth, here's the show.

1 comment:

Shoe said...

Fireworks are great no matter what! Thanks!