Friday, April 19, 2013

Airplane!

I burnt a vacation day by standing around watching airplanes land and take off.

I set my camera up at the corner of Ivy and Albatross in San Diego. From this spot you can see most of the length of the single runway of the airport. There is a parking garage that blocks the view of the near end of the runway. Maybe I could get the manager of the apartment building I was next to to let me on the roof of the building to get a better view. But probably not. I'd have to ask and I don't see myself doing that.

I had the camera take a picture every second for an hour and 20 minutes. They're played at a rate of 30 frames per second. Each minute of real time is compressed into just two seconds.

I enjoy watching airplanes. I need to go back to LAX to try making more videos at a busier airport.

No comments: