Friday, December 28, 2012

Twin Peaks, Part 5

Here we go again...coffee!

This time we watch the Hottop Coffee Roaster up close. I used my fisheye lens so I could look down the roasting chamber and down into the cooling tray.

You'll see:
  • The roaster preheat!
  • The green beans appear!
  • The beans churn!
  • The beans go from green to brown!
  • The beans GROW!
  • The beans cool!
  • A clock in the corner showing you how long things really took!
  • A strange man in the background fiddling with his iPad!
The settings I used made the exposure a little long so the drum and beans are somewhat blurry. And, like stagecoach wheels in old Westerns, the drum rotates the wrong way. When I set up the light, I didn't have anything in the roaster so I didn't notice that the camera was going to be shading part of the window. I did see that the light's reflection was there on the window but there isn't a lot going on in that part of the chamber. Well, there is the heating element...it might have been fun to see it glow and dim as the roast progressed.

The pictures were snapped every second and are played back at 30 frames per second. The 30 minutes go by in just one minute.



The last frame of the video was my camera's 168,813th picture. The shutter apparently is rated for 100,000 cycles. I suppose I ought to send it in for a checkup and maybe a new shutter.

No comments: