Friday, April 29, 2011

Chariots of Fire

Here's one that isn't really worth watching. Unless you want a glimpse of my gams.

I wanted to see if taking pictures of me running and walking on the treadmill at regular intervals and playing them back in a movie would do fun things like making wagon wheels spin backwards in old Westerns.

There are moments of appearing to be walking backward on the belt (but no wagon wheels!) but mostly we get to see me bounce up and down and the treadmill change its incline.

I did two of the treadmill's programmed exercises. First, I did the "Walk in the Park." It runs at a constant rate and increases and decreases the deck's incline. There are seven minutes of that exercise going at 4.5 mph. Then I did the "Interval 1-1" program. That has you go at one pace and inclination for a minute then at another pace and inclination for another minute. Repeat. I alternate between 4.5 and 7.5 mph.

This was shot at a frame each second and played back at 15 frames per second. A minute flies by every four seconds.

3 comments:

MrBears said...

I'm glad to see you wore the safety clip.
The glow in the dark stars show up too. Cool

Colleen said...

What safety clip?

Chuckbert said...

The red cord that comes out of the treadmill's control panel is clipped to the jogger's shirt. If the jogger falls from the treadmill the cord pulls on the off switch to keep the jogger's body parts from being dragged under the machine by the still-moving belt.