Thursday, December 30, 2010

Star Trek

I went on a drive to Palomar Mountain yesterday. When I was approaching the base of the mountain I realized that a drive up a twisty road might be a good subject for a time-lapse movie. It's a popular spot for guys on their crotch rockets to get a major adrenaline rush. I thought that I might get to record a lot of motorcycles passing me. But it was a sleepy weekday so nary a cycle. And no cars ever caught up to me.

I edited out a lot of the trip. You've seen four or five twists and you've pretty much seen them all. Watch it to the end...it ends well.

I took pictures at 0.7 second intervals and played them back at 15 frames per second. I let the camera decide what exposures to use.

On the way up I realized that I hadn't set the lens to the widest view so it starts out with none of the dashboard in view. That changed along the way.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Very exciting! Excellent choice of music.