Friday, November 19, 2010

Where the Wild Things Are

Before I got to the gorillas and flamingos, I had spent an hour and a half at a spot overlooking the East Africa enclosure (I think) of the Wild Animal Park. I shot three segments of a time-lapse video there.

The first segment ended when I snagged the tripod with the cord of my hat and sent the camera off to a new view.

I set the camera up again and started shooting. After a while all of the animals were leaving the spot I had the camera aimed at. So I tried something new. I loosened the nut that holds the tripod's head panning axis locked. I moved the camera a bit between shots. The panning worked somewhat but a nicer tripod with some sort of fine control of the camera's direction would be nice. I then tried to adjust the zoom of the lens. That failed miserably. The zoom control of the lens is quite stiff so the whole camera rocked and I couldn't adjust it in tiny steps.

I then shot another segment with a wide angle view.

I pasted the three segments together into one minute-and-a-half video.

This was shot at a rate of a frame every three seconds and played back at 24 frames per second.


2 comments:

Poss said...

the giraffes sure move around alot more than I thought they did.

Shoe said...

I like the giraffe friends who stick like glue to each other!